On Thursday, May 7, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts issued guidelines to allow for the safe reopening of private and municipal golf courses.
The City’s two municipal golf courses -- the William J. Devine Golf Course and the George Wright Golf Course -- will reopen as of Saturday, May 9, 2020 with strict social distancing guidelines in place.
All staff and golfers must take the necessary precautions to keep those on the course safe from the spread of COVID-19:
- Face coverings are required.
- Maintain proper social distancing of at least six feet away from others at all times.
- No sharing of golf clubs.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily accessible.
While the golf courses will be open, there will continue to be additional restrictions in place to keep staff and golfers healthy and safe.
- No more than four players at one time.
- No caddies. Push carts may be used.
- Club facilities will remain closed.
- Tee times will be 15 minutes between groups. Golfers must stay in their car until 15 minutes before their tee time and must return to their car immediately following play. There will be no shotgun starts.
- Reservations and payment must be done online at cityofbostongolf.com.
- In-person reservations or payments will not be permitted.
GOLF CARTS USAGE
Walking is encouraged, but golf carts may be used only if each cart is used by and contains only a single rider, or a group of family members living in the same house. Any carts used must be cleaned and sanitized after each use. Golfers please remove your trash from the golf carts. Thank you
**Anyone who does not abide by the above regulations will not be allowed to access the City of Boston golf courses. For more information on how to stay safe and healthy during this public health emergency, please visit boston.gov/coronavirus.